Possible and Current Offerings:
The goal of the work-based learning program at Granton is to encourage strong ties between school and career goals. All students interested in pursuing and form of a work-based learning program are encouraged to take Career Leadership class before entering this program, though it is not required. Enrollment is limited to students with Junior or Senior status. Admittance to the program requires permission of the Supervised Work Experience coordinator.
Youth Apprenticeship (either a 1 or 2-year program) – A State of Wisconsin DWD certification program.
- Requirements: Must be a paid experience (1 year/450 hours, 2 years/900 hours)
- Must complete course work required by the state (1 course per semester)
General Programs offered:
- Agriculture, Food & Fiber & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- Drafting/Design Architecture
- Drafting/Design Principles of Engineering
- Drafting/Design Mechanical Design
- Graphic Arts/Printing
- Health Services
- Hospitality, Lodging & Tourism
- Information Technology
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
Students participating in the Youth Apprenticeship program may receive up to 4 class periods of work release. School officials will make the final decision on the amount of work release given to a student participating in these programs.
Supervised Work Experience – Offered through Granton school District and can be in any career field the student chooses and may be a paid or unpaid experience.
Students participating in the Supervised Work Experience program may have up to 2 class periods of work release. School officials will make the final decision on the amount of work release given to a student participating in these programs.
Wisconsin Employability Skills Certificates are available in the following areas:
- Agriculture – Animal Science
- Agriculture – Plant Science
- Agriculture – Natural Resources
- Business & Information Technology
- Construction & Trade
- Child Services
- Family & Community Services
- Food Services
- Health Science Occupations – Career Foundations
- Advanced Marketing
- Retail Management
- Professional Sales
- E-Commerce Marketing
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
Granton Area Schools is enhancing its' Career and Technical Education opportunities for students by expanding the Supervised Work Experience and Youth Apprenticeship program. There are numerous Emloyability Skills and Youth Apprenticeship Certificates available to our students. For additional information or questions please contact Cheryl Steinbach, CTE Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.